On average, event attendees produce nearly 4 pounds of waste every day. Most of this waste ends up in landfills. A music festival easily generates 23,500 tons of waste. What if event planners decided to host eco-friendly events? There are plenty of ways to reduce carbon footprint and using wood name tags is just one of them.
Benefits of Planning Eco-Friendly Events
Going green with an event can help the earth by producing less pollution, but there are some ways you may be able to benefit your brand as well. Some of the advantages of sustainable event planning include:
- Reduce both waste and cost. Planning sustainable events is all about producing less waste. This can help make waste management easier and less complicated.
- Create and promote a positive brand awareness. When you do more than just talk about being eco-friendly and environmentally responsible, your community will trust you more.
- Attract larger crowds. A lot of people, especially millennials, are often more willing to attend eco-friendly-focused events. You’ll find yourself gaining trust and favor with those who have been at the forefront of going green.
5 Tips for Making Your Event Eco-Friendly
Planning an event means considering many aspects such as the venue, accommodations, travel, food and beverages, and technology. Each of these impacts the environment in one way or another. Covering all the bases can be quite the challenge. Let’s take a look at just a few ways you can make your event eco-friendlier.
Reduce Paper Usage
Events often use a lot of paper. There are agendas, brochures, posters, and worksheets. If you can use digital eco-friendly alternatives, you can cut down on cost and reduce waste at the event. Here are just a few ways to cut down on paper consumption:
- Use an event app to house your event’s agenda, brochures, and venue map.
- Use online event ticketing and registration providers.
- Use digital signs instead of paper banners and posters,
- Provide a digital option for attendees to exchange business cards at stalls and booths.
Give Attendees Eco-Friendly Swag
One thing all successful events have is great swag. It’s an easy and inexpensive way to give your company more visibility and raise brand awareness while providing a little fun for attendees. Choose items that are sustainable. There are many eco-friendly promotional items available today. For example, choose conference totes made from recyclables. Choose event merchandise made from sustainable fabric. There are numerous companies that provide events with sustainable swag options.
Use Eco-Friendly Event Décor
There are plenty of options for eco-friendly décor as we corporately focus on protecting the environment. Green décor is readily accessible. Think about using ecological materials like recycled paper decorations or upcycled pallets. Use live plants instead of plastic ones. Choose beeswax candles with glass holders instead of regular chemical-laden candles. Plastic candle holders are non-biodegradable and non-recyclable.
Partner with the Community
Use local services and vendors instead of ordering things from far away places. This gives you a chance to give back to the community. Using a local caterer or other foodservice saves a lot of time, money, and reduces your event’s carbon footprint. Choosing local prevents having things shipped and cuts down on waste from all the extra packaging needed.
Choose Eco-friendly Wood Name Tags
Custom-made wood name tags are an exciting way to reduce your carbon footprint. They are made from a renewable natural resource. Just like their plastic counterparts, they can be custom-shaped, digitally imprinted in vibrant color, or laser etched. Wooden name tags give your event a unique touch that is professional-looking and remains eco-friendly.
Let Name Tag Pros Help Design Your Wood Name Tags
Let the experienced team at Name Tag pros help you design wood name tags for your next event. Give us a call at 1-888-754-8337 to learn more about our hassle-free ordering process.